We serve only locally-grown traditional Oita cuisine.
Guests at Kiyasuya will experience the season of their visit through not only the food but the tableware it’s served on. We express pride in our natural surroundings of lush mountains and pristine waters by serving delicious dishes prepared using only locally-grown, seasonal ingredients from the Oita, Kuju, and Aso areas.
Enjoy a sumptuous feast of river trout, bungo gyu Japanese Black Cattle beef, freshly-gathered mountain vegetables, and other farm-to-table ingredients fresh from our rural setting.
DinnerServed from 6 PM
We strive to provide the ultimate in Japanese cuisine using seasonal and natural ingredients such as river trout and mountain vegetables. Dinner service begins at 6 PM.
- Home-made plum wine
- Lotus yam with sesame miso
- River trout roe
- Side dish
- Sweet vinegar-pickled watershield
- First course
- Stewed fava beans, spikenard in miso, Japanese ginger sushi, asparagus with yogurt sauce, peppered young corn, salted mini-taro, okra and oyster mushrooms with sesame dressing
- Rainbow trout sashimi
- Additional dish
- Oita wagyu on earthenware brazier
- Ground corn soup
- Grilled dish
- Salt-grilled river trout
- Artisanal dish
- Wax gourd with minced chicken in sweet sauce
- Special dish
- Grilled vegetables with demi-glaze sauce
- Fried dish
- Mountain valley tempura
- Kuju rice
- Home-made pickle duo
- Chef’s dessert of the day
BreakfastServed from 8 AM
Breakfast is also served at our restaurant. The breakfast menu features locally-grown Kuju rice, various healthy side dishes, and a post-meal coffee.
Kiyasuya’s own restaurant “Yamaboshi” is located in a separate building from the inn. Enjoy a leisurely meal in your own private room.
- As dinner is served from 6 PM, we ask that guests arrive no later than 5 PM.
- Menus and pictures are examples and may differ from what is served during your stay.
- Please notify our staff regarding any allergies or dietary restrictions.